My Stories Of Life

Sixteen Tons Of Stories That Touch Your Heart

Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Home Town Brewery... the early years (Part I VLOG)


The Cold Spring Brewery and now the Gluek Brewing Company have been a part of our community for over 130 years. My favorite beer is "Honey Bock", a beer produced right here in Cold Spring, MN. This story tells of the early years at the brewery up to the time of prohibition. Who would have ever thought that someone could gain half interest in a brewery by owning an old steam powered thrashing machine... take a look.

CLICK HERE TO READ TEXT VERSION @

VLOG Part I of III

5 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    Hey Duane, I didn't know you are a vblogger. that's great. I'm thinking of doing that, but i don't have a camera yet. I'll ask you for details how to set it up if I get stuck.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Joan said…

    Do you produce all the videos by yourself? The few I've seen look really professional and documentary like. The story of them tossing it in the river reminded me of a bizzarre incident that happened here a few years ago. I've even blogged it. Good video.

    http://rantingsofjoan.blogspot.com/2005/07/lost-and-found.html

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Humor Girl said…

    Hi! So glad you found me! :) Great video!! That was so interesting. I'll Def. Be back!

    PS The salmon
    was VERY real...you can see his meat right next to him if you look close.
    Also, i didn't change "sites' I changed domaine names. I thought humorgirl would be easier to get plugged into by accident. :)

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Duane Kuss said…

    Joan,

    I produce everything you'll see here unless you see reference otherwise. Telling stories by word, photos and video has been a passion for me since the early 80's. There's just something very important about leaving a legacy of stories for the generations of the future to look back on and learn by.

    Thanks so much for stopping by and subscribing. It really makes the stories come alive.

    DU

     

Post a Comment

<< Home